Supervise production operations on assigned shift(s) in accordance with production schedules and standards that achieve/meet requirements for safety, regulatory compliance, environment, quality, customer service and cost. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- Providing effective leadership and direction to hourly employees (coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of employee-related issues and concerns) within the framework of the Company’s policies or collective agreement ensuring consistency in dealing with employee issues.
- Accountable to ensure that their production area is in a “audit-ready” condition for impromptu ISO and Inventory audits.
- Appropriate resource allocation and time management.
- Communication and an on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (i.e. health and safety, quality, customer service, cost, etc.).
- Accountable for ensuring the H&S of their employees by utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections.
- Accountable to ensure Inventory Management for all areas of the manufacturing plant (entering production results in SYSPRO, participate/support the inventory cycle count, etc.)
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of experience in the manufacturing industry. Supervisory role a strong asset;
- Experience in a unionized environment;
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, SYSPRO, Gmail).
- Previous experience with SYSPRO will be considered an asset
- Proven experience managing people and priorities within diverse environment
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Bachelor Degree or Technical Diploma in a related discipline will be considered an asset
- Reports to the Plant Manager
- Good communication, interpersonal abilities, organizational skills and training experience.
Proper safety gear is a requirement in most areas and must be worn at all times.